Thursday, April 27, 2006

End of Vacation/End of Potential/Fibonacci Too

My vacation from work ends on Sunday.

SIGH

I loved hanging around the house, seeing family and getting a good night's sleep on a regular basis. When I work all three are so rare that this was a real treat! The three weeks went by so quickly! Now I have to wait until October for my second installment of vacation '06.

Why can't I think of one person who enjoys their job?

I just wonder why it has to be this way. How did I go from a motivated journalist wannabe determined to make it in television to a defeatist flight attendant? I can chart the course and see the missteps and wish it wasn't so. Somewhere along the line my confidence eroded as I pursued my dream. I knew my strength lay in writing yet somehow always had to do something else to pay the bills. So, is it too late? Can a 36 year old with a mortgage and debt somehow transform herself into a writing sensation? I doubt a change is possible and at the same time desperately hope it can occur. I just want to accomplish more in this world.

How does one work in their passion? How does one manage to find the time? I have no clue how to balance the two. Any suggestions?

For now, in honour of the little writing I managed to do while on break, here is a poem I wrote. It's a Fibonacci poem just because I jumped on the bandwagon after reading about the trend. Why not? It inspired me and they are totally addictive! Way more fun than Sudoku.

I called the poem Hidden. Here it is...

Speak
and
I will
hear your voice
listen and you will
open enigmatic secrets

Tamar A./ April 2006

No comments: